Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Tree Cuttin'











So right before it hit -20 degrees, we were lucky enough to head out and cut down our xmas tree. This was a big step for me. Last year I totally pouted when Josh and the missionaries went out and cut one down. (My mom always had the prettiest fake ones-that's what I love). I tried to be a better sport this year. I made cookies and hot cocoa and off we headed. And, I am so super glad that I did. Can I just say that it was one of the funnest things ever!! It was so fun to hike out in nature with no allergies, heat or bugs flying around me. The views were amazing. But best of all the kids and Josh were on cloud 9!! It was worth it and I can actually say that I would do it again. Don't tell Josh though, I don't want him thinking that he's right too often. :]




9 comments:

Andrea said...

ya, ya, rub it in! You get a REAL Christmas tree, while we settle for cactus'! And you have no heat or allergies blah blah blah! J/K! I am just jealous you have all those things and I DON'T! I'm stuck in h*$#! Where it's 100 degrees in May UGGHH!

Mandi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jodi Russell said...

How fun!!! I am so jealous that looks so fun we are going to go do that next year. Your tree is so much prettier than a fake tree and boy do they smell good!!! And talk about the memories. You guys do such fun things. Guess what it snowed here in Saint George they cancelled school today because the roads were bad, YEAH!!!! We miss you guys. Love the Russells

Chanda said...

I love xmas trees! What fun memories!!! I will email you my address! Tell your family hello!

Olsen's said...

How fun for you and your kids. We almost went fake this year, bu I'm glad I didn't. Glad out got out before it got too cold!

The Gross People said...

Your blog is always a joy to visit. You do a great job on it and I am so glad you made it back to UT if only for a short trip! Keep the posts coming... :-)

Ash said...

Like you have any room to talk. You have and always be the most prettiest girl ever. You look darling doing everything you do. I just have to keep up with my Sum. Darling family. So cute. Thanks for always being so sweet Sum, I just love ya.

The Downey Family said...

Such a fun tradition!! You guys are the cutest little family!!